Hope you had a great weekend! We painted the nursery, organized it (finally!) & I started hanging things on the walls. wahooo!! Our washing machine broke and our house got so trashed from working on the nursery and neglecting everything else, that we decided to head over to my parents' house and do laundry & order pizza & watch movies Saturday night. They'd gone out for the night so we got to relax in their newly finished basement (redone after the flood.) (For those of you who haven't been reading this blog since the beginning, Dave & I had moved into my parents' last year to save up for this house. It was one of the best things we ever did, although at the time it seemed like an eternity.) It was cool to be back in our old "home" (the basement) Saturday night and remember all of our saving & dreaming & planning for a new house and to realize that we were there.
Also, I've decided that because so many of our projects are decorating-related and not necessarily organization projects, I'll include both. (BecausetTicking stuff off of my "to do" list gets me more organized even if it is purely decor-related.)
For this week's project I wanted to share with you the wax drip candle covers we made. The stark white candle covers always bothered me on our old chandelier. (We'd had to rewire it and replace the old damaged candle covers that were oroginal to it.) I wanted pretty wax drip candle covers.
So we made glue drips down the sides of the 30 cent plastic covers with Elmer's Glue. I let a layer of drips dry before starting another one. Here's the first layer (below). Just start at the top with a glob of glue and let it drip down. (As you can see from the pics it was a learning process.) And use something better than a paper towel as the surface... it sticks to the candles. ;)