Click & Lock Hardwood Floors Installation- phew!!!

So this past weekend was crazy (good crazy) for us: client install (Fri night/ Sat AM), Pear Tree Cottage Design Seminar (Sun) and last but not least hardwood floor install at our place!!! It started out with a day/ night of demo on Saturday: (NOT fun)


Here it is down to the plywood: The next day we (Ok, DAVE) finished the demo and layed down the sound barrier- the red stuff all over the floor. My parents were watching Christian for the weekend...

And then Dave began click & locking away!!!! I was off to the Pear Tree Cottage and when I came home with Christian he'd almost finished the whole living room & dining room!!!

The next day (Monday, our last day of the long weekend) entailed lots of walks and outside time for Chrstian (who was now home) & Ashby (our pup) and I while Dave installed away. He really is a workhorse and stayed up really late nto finish the floors the day before his first day back at school teaching (11 & 12th grade English). Below, Christian really wanted to help and made sure to cover his ears while Daddy hammered:



He liked his giant "puzzle" and got out his hammer & everything:


Ashby chilled while I took pictures. (Rough job for both of us! ;) ;) She seems to like the new floors. { This is really funny but at the Pear Tree Cottage Workshop, I did a TON of squats in heels without really realizing it, because all of my items for display were sitting on the ground and I had to squat to pick up each one (trying not to abuse the old back!)... hahahah so literally I was SO SORE that walking was difficult for a day or 2!!! It was like I'd had this awesome workout!!! (It's been a while for me, I'll be honest) But now I've decided that next time I do squats it will be in heels because it was one of the best workouts ever!!!}

And, like most projects, this one expanded. We had some extra and went into the bathroom with it. Not my first choice for a kids' bathroom, but we had the scrap and it's better than the linoleum that was in there. We'll try to be good to it, but if it doesn't last forever, I'm ok with that. Below, is our very GREEN bathroom which is now getting a makeover. The green toilet left (sorry I don't have a pic of the pretty litle thing!) and we're keeping the green shower for a good long while (yuck!) and I'm working on a shower curtain for it right now to hide its special beauty away. The sink (also green) is going now too. Will post some "afters" on this bathroom next week.
And, now for some pics of the installed floor!!!! Dave's putting in new baseboards this weekend & then we'll be TOTALLY FINISHED!!! But I'm so happy with how it looks:

Here it is in the kitchen:

And in the breakfast area. (You can see the wallpaper didm't go up yet. As we were prepping we found an outlet above the window that allowed us to install some sconces we had!!! So wallpaper is on the list for tonight...)
And as I was taking pictures of the hallyway about 20 minutes ago, Christian stumbled out of his room and curled up on the floor so I had to get a pic of that. He was there for 5 minutes or so just "hatching"/ waking up. I guess it's comfortable...


We have a bunch of items that are arriving & a few DIY projects left but I can't wait to show you some 'after' pics!!!! It's really all coming together & we're SO looking forward to relaxing & waiting for Baby 2!!!

xoxo,

lauren

**UPDATE: I forgot to mention that we got the floors from Home Depot for around $3.25 per square foot. They messed up on the label though & I think the actual price is around $3.75 or so per square foot but they honored the low price for us & quickly changed the label. They are engineered HWs--- and veneer is elm with a walnut finish. I'm really happy with them so far and we have a pup with long nails & so far she hasn't done ANY damage, even when she skates accross them (she's still getting used to the floors haha)... I chose them because they were the best -looking in our budget... there were others I would have chosen if the price could be doubled or tripled but alas, it's not!!! :) xoxo ***

32 comments:

Maria Killam said...

'hide its special beauty away' - that made me laugh!! You are so funny, and how great to see the progress! Can't wait to see the reveal!
x
Maria

Maria Killam said...

And by the way your little darling is the star of the show!

Anonymous said...

WOW - your floors look AMAZING!!! What kind are they? Are they handscraped? I cannot wait to see everything put together!!!

And I feel your pain on the tub. We have a yellow tub (with yellow tile and yellow/gray 1x1 square tile on the floor) in our guest bath and a BLUE (with blue tile and blue/gray 1x1 square tiles on the floor) for our master...and unfortunately neither are going anywhere any time soon. :(

Anonymous said...

WOW - your floors look AMAZING!!! What kind are they? Are they handscraped? I cannot wait to see everything put together!!!

And I feel your pain on the tub. We have a yellow tub (with yellow tile and yellow/gray 1x1 square tile on the floor) in our guest bath and a BLUE (with blue tile and blue/gray 1x1 square tiles on the floor) for our master...and unfortunately neither are going anywhere any time soon. :(

Karen said...

Looks fantastic. If it were me, I'd be using my pregnancy for an excuse why someone else needed to do all the work.

Debra Lea said...

Your floors look wonderful!! Cute hatching baby too! LOL...I'm looking forward to your after pics...but so far it looks really great! I can't wait until we have some nice floors like that also and maybe I will give squats in heels a try sometime haha!

Jill Swank said...

Where did you get your hardwood floors from? Carpet is nice...but when you have 3 dogs as kids...carpet is not your best friends, more like a worst enemy to potty accidents.

Tracy Watier said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see what moves in on top of it!

LindsB said...

Love how your new floors came out!!! They look amazing, what a nice husband you have to put them in AND awesome in-laws to watch Christian while he did it.

I love the color you picked and how great that you had enough extra for the bathroom. With the floors in the bathroom I actually think the tub looks good- at least just tell people that its in again and that you spent alot of money to find the perfect green tub :)

xoxox

Eileen said...

It's all coming along so beautifully! You must be so happy!
God Bless you and your beautiful family!
All the best,
Eileen

Catherine said...

What a wonderful transformation! It's so exciting to have things come together so beautifully - we just finished our big remodel so I know the feeling. Happy home to you!

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

The floors look fantastic!!! And I'm glad you took a pic of Christian sleeping there, because that's the cutest thing ever!

bluehydrangea said...

Floors look great. the last pic is my favorite!!

Linda in AZ * said...

* Ahhhhh, "YOUTH"!!!~~~ do you kids ever just R*E*S*T???

Everything's "LOOKIN' GOOOOOD", Sweetie!!!

Smiles,
Linda in AZ *

Nicole Lanteri said...

Looks great!! Please let us know where you got the wood from. I really like the green of the tub against the wood.

Lauren said...

I forgot to mention that we got the floors from Home Depot for around $3.25 per square foot. They messed up on the label though & I think the actual price is around $3.75 or so per square foot but they honored the low price for us & quickly changed the label. They are engineered HWs--- and veneer is elm with a walnut finish. I'm really happy with them so far and we have a pup with long nails & so far she hasn't done ANY damage, even when she skates accross them (she's still getting used to the floors haha)... I chose them because they were the best -looking in our budget... there were others I would have chosen if the price could be doubled or tripled but alas, it's not!!! :) xoxo

Abbie said...

Love the floors... the color is amazing.

You could always refinish the tub until you want to replace it. We did both of our tub/showers using TubbyUSA. You'll probably find it if you Google it. It was fairly easy, but you need a mask!!

Rachel said...

I love the color you chose for the floors. They look amazing.

And I actually like hardwood in bathrooms.

Great job!

Laura Trevey said...

Fabulous job!! The floors look great!
Now ~~ sit back and enjoy :)

Fargerike Dagny said...

Yay!! Congrats!!! :) The floor looks fabulous! Have you started planning the nursery for baby no 2? We're getting there (very slowly, I might add...)

Mary said...

I'm feel bad now about asking you about my lamp/fabric dilemma. I had no idea you had all this going on. Your floors look great. My goodness you are busy!

Vanya Wilkinson said...

well done, a big but rewarding job and how cute is Christian - adorable!

ali said...

The floors look amazing! You might have the most incredible husband ever!!

Haven and Home said...

Looks awesome!!!! I have always known Christian was a cutie but Ashby is soooo cute too!!!

micah said...

Gorgeous - love the color!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Ok..I'd like to put a request in to the management.

To borrow Dave.

It'll only take a weekend. No biggie!

Those are similar to what I want to do in our kitchen and FR. Are they loud and clicky like laminat...or more like the sound of hardwood?

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh....and the hatchling...

ADORABLE!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I LOVE the color you chose...I wish BADLY we could get wood floors placed on the entire first floor of our home. I assume it will run between $5,000-$6,000 for floor & labor. Too much right now....but I know it would look amazing. Can I ask how much it cost for the renovation you guys did? Did you have to hire for labor at all or did your guy do it all?

Jen Ramos
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Love the floors cheese! great job hubby. and i love the color. keep up the good work :)

lori said...

The floors are beautiful! I am sooo enjoying your progress & creativity in your new home! We have a similar vintage 'rambler' in the metro area, with a lovely peachy orange 'special beauty'! I notice you also have the same black iron railing we have. Question; Do you take that into account with light fixtures, door hardware, curtain rods? Or are you planning to change it out or paint? Thanks Lauren!

Windlost said...

Wow, sounds like quite a weekend but a lovely result. I hope you enjoy them and sounds like a great deal! Hope they don't disappoint and from the look of Christian and Ashby, they look very comfy too haha. What a sweet family you have and soon to have an AMAZING house!!!! You crazy girl - it is looking so good!

xo T.

Caroline said...

The floors look beautiful. It looks like all that hard work paid off. Good Job!!