Before & After Guest Blogger: Blueprint Bliss!

 

Hi everyone! It's Brooke from Blueprint Bliss. A special thanks to Lauren for asking me to guest post on Pure Style Home.


I wanted to show you a recent DIY project that I did for my home office. My home office has been under transformation for awhile- but it's still not quite there (lots of junk to organize and put away).


I am on a pretty strict budget for projects around our house- but I was needing a new desk chair along with a chair for my sewing table (both in the same room). I found two chairs at a local antique store that is going out of business (for those of you in Birmingham- Crestwood Antiques).
Here is one of the chairs before (one has arms and one does not):
*please excuse the mess in the background*
Here is a photo of the two (along with another random chair from my local Good Will) getting ready to be transformed:
I used these two products from Home Depot:
- Satin spray paint in Heirloom white
- with a finishing coat of clear gloss
And here is one of the transformed chairs:
 

I used a fabric that I found at King Cotton (here in Birmingham). I needed just 1/2 yard to complete the project (both chairs). I popped the cushions out of the frame, centered my pattern, and just used a staple gun to attach.
I'm very pleased with the outcome. Two new chairs for my home office on a budget.
Here is a break down of what I spent:
2 chairs ($12.50 each)= $25
spray paint & gloss sealer= $20
fabric (1/2 yard)= $10
total for both chairs:
= $55 (only $27.50 each)
This is just a reminder that it doesn't take a lot of money to come up with that perfect something that you are needing for your home!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to Brooke for this awesome chair makeover!!  The chairs went from eeeeeek  to gorgeous!!  I love the fabric & they must be such pretty fun additions to the room!  (And how perfect is the price??)

Have a great day everyone-  we're still snowed in --yay!!

xoxo,
lauren

Check out 5th & State for your chance at a design plan for the makeover of the front of your house!!

28 comments:

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I love Brooke's chairs! They look gorgeous. The fabric is perfect!

Laurie from Laurie Jones Home said...

Love that fabric!! Another fun blog to check out too!!

Design Esquire said...

Wow, they turned out gorgeous! I love the fabric and you can't beat the cost.

Unknown said...

Those came out fantastic. I really love the cane on these chairs... its hard to find in good condition for that price... Fantastic hunting too! I just purchased 2 wood chairs from Craigslist for 10 bucks for both and am going to spray paint them. My first time! You inspired me!
~Rainey~

Haven and Home said...

Looks great Brooke!!!!

style chronicle said...

Great chair makeover!!

{Amanda} said...

Wow- what a great budget transformation. You'd never know that they only cost $27.50 a pop!
=)

{and yay for a Birmingham blogger!!!}

Anonymous said...

The chair looks fabulous, Brooke! Love that pattern. I can't believe one chair cost less than the paint and sealer! :)

Hamptontoes said...

Lovely transformation! A vision and some supplies equal magic!

Saara {www.varv.ca} said...

love those chairs - great lines & caned back. i have to remember that white spray paint, it looks like a good white. :)

Kathysue said...

Lauren thankyou for having Brooke on your blog. Brooke, the chairs look amazing and it shows that taste is not shown by using a lot of money, good taste is just "Good Taste" and you my dear have shown that with these great make-overs, Great Job!! Kathysue

Red Door Home said...

The chairs look great! I am jealous that you can paint outside. All my painting projects have been put on hold until the snow melts and the temps get warmer.

Unknown said...

I love the fabric you chose! Great job!

Low Tide High Style said...

Brooke's chairs are beautiful and look so much better now that they are painted white. I also love her choice of fabric!

Lauren, I hope you are staying warm and that you don't lose power. It's truly scary outside at my house right now and I'm sure it is for you as well!

Kat :)

paula said...

Brooke they turned out gorgeous! I just had a pillow made in the same fabric except mine has blue instead of yellow. I still haven't been to king cotton, I must go by there soon.

Elizabeth said...

Wow!! Those look so great. Very Jonathan Adler, at 1/20th the price. Loving the guest bloggers! So fun.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

What a great transformation!

Courtney said...

Brooke, the chairs look fantastic! Love the fabric!

Anonymous said...

that looks so good!!!

midnight macaroons said...

I love your chair. It looks fabulous!!!

LindsB said...

Brooke, I need that fabric!! Love love love this makeover!

O.C. said...

The chairs look great. Nicely done.

Doug Davis said...

love the yellow :)

red ticking said...

great project... they look wonderful!

Liza Graves said...

I just found you from Blueprint Bliss. I found Brooke through my friend Rachel who writes Nest Egg and I have a style blog called www.styleblueprint.com which is Nashville, Tn based. BUT- I'm originally from Fairfax! I guess you need a guest blogger right now as all I hear from my family (I have 19 family members still there!) is snow snow snow! Love your blog and glad I know about it!-Liza

Anonymous said...

Brooke did such a good job!! She's the best. Sweet too!! I love that she used satin spray paint and then topped it off with clear gloss coat. That's a great way to achieve the satin oil look without having to deal with the painting it by hand and it taking forever to dry! Cheaper and more time efficient. Can't get better than that! :)
xoRH

Paula Puryear Martin said...

So gorgeous. Did you have to sand the chairs or did you just spray them?

Thanks for the budget design tip!

Amelia said...

LOVE that fabric!!! The chairs turned out great!