Eddie Ross's Elle Decor BIG WINDOW




Voting has started for the Big Window Challenge & I'm sure you can guess who's getting my vote.  ;)    In case you haven't heard, the Big Window Challenge is a competition between Bloomingdale's, Apartment Therapy and Elle Decor to see who can make the best Bloomingdale's window display using a piece from their new furniture line.  Eddie Ross (for Elle Decor) designed & finished installing his window, "The Modern Woman" Wednesday afternoon at Bloomingdale's.    (All subsequent photos by Addie Juell)





The window is the living room of an imaginary woman with a husband & 2 boys.  She's a hard-edged media mogul by day and a loving mom/ wife who loves to entertain by night & weekends ;)   She's treated herself to  this room and has taken a fairly traditional color palette of white & blues & injected it with bright pinks & oranges.  She 's not afraid to mix old and new. She displays her collections without apology and has surrounded herself with the things she loves.  I'd say the room is a bold modern take on traditional, but she'd say she doesn't care what it's "called," only that she loves it & it's very "her."  (She's a very confident woman.)  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!







I think my favorite area of the space just might be the bar that Eddie created on the shelf.  (below) It's such a beautiful display and I am IN LOVE with those brass flowers!!!   (Brass is back baby! ;) The mix of brass, blue & glass throughout the room gives it a sparkly glow...  Imagine seeing it from the street at night! 





And of course the cocktail table is set to perfection:





Loving the lamps!  (below) The French man statue with his basket of pink candy is awesome.  Filled with chocolate or standard  mints it would have been fine, but filled with bright pink balls, it's funny & quirky.  It's the details like this that make me love a space & make it feel personal. 





And this woman is"real."  Here's the evidence in her cast off shoes, the comfy throw and a pile of magazines:





So now that you've seen the space, if you have the time, please go & vote for it!!!  You can also vote by texting "1" to 898-00.


The competition is fierce and Eddie needs our votes.  (The voting is set up at Apartment Therapy where you have to login to vote, but I promise it's really easy & they never send you emails bugging you.  It takes 2 seconds. )  We're allowed to vote twice/ day - once via AT and the other via texting- so I'm going to keep bugging you until they announce the winner on Friday, January 28th.  ;)  Anyway,  head on over here & vote and leave a comment if you can.  (I know Eddie would love your support.)





Dave & I will be heading up to NYC next week to see the BIG WINDOWS in person at Bloomingdale's.  We're so excited & hope we'll be celebrating Eddie's BIG WIN!!!


xoxo,
lauren


ps- Make sure to check out Maria Killam of Colour Me Happy's Before & After in the previous post

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren, THANK YOU so much! You've described the room just as I'd envisioned it! Thank you for sharing the TRUE representation of my room with your readers! I appreciate all the help I can get!

xoxo
Eddie

LindsB said...

I just voted and posted about this in hopes to get lots of votes for them- its just amazing

~Grace Happens~ said...

voting now...GO EDDIE!!!

MFAMB said...

what in the hizzy did he do to the walls? is that paper? did he splatter them with paint? i think it's very cool whatever he did. love the room.
where can i see what every one did?

MFAMB said...

nevermind...i see the link where i can view all the entries. duh!
xo

elisabeth (bovagoods) said...

just voted. eddie's is by far the very best one. do you think anyone would notice if i snuck in and pretended to be "her" for a day??? good luck eddie!

Hamptontoes said...

Lauren,
Thanks for sharing! I'll be at the D & D on Monday (with a pit stop by Bloomingdale's first) and can't wait to see Eddie's window! It looks amazing on the computer monitor, but in person it has to be fabulous!

Windlost said...

Eddie is a genius - I love the fresh yet traditional look - the colours are gorgeous. Love the pinks and those oval(?) pillows on the sofa are divine!

Have fun in the Big Apple! Wish I could visit in person too! xo Terri

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

HOW is Eddie's room NOT winning by a landslide?!?!? While I would break in and steal that Ralph Lauren chair from the Apartment Therapy Room in a heartbeat, the rest of that room and Bloomingdale's are so... brown. In a bad way. My eyes can't get enough of Eddie's room. And I'm not even a color fanatic. Well done, Eddie!

Cheers,
Alaina

La Dolfina said...

Great post on Eddie's window for Elle Decor!! You described it perfectly!
The close up photos really show how stunning the room is. The colors are so rich and gorgeous. I'm so excited that you and your husband will be going there to check it out in person!
Be sure and wave at the camera when you're there!!!
xo
Terri

Karena said...

Eddie's is the best! The perfect accompaniments! for a great design.
Karena

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Yeah Eddie! It's Gorgeous!!! Voting now...

xo,
cristin

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Lauren, I also love all the little "real" and humorous touches! I'll make sure I vote often. Thanks for the tour and GOOD LUCK EDDIE & JAITHAN!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Eddie!

I'm so happy to hear brass is back! Now I can justify keeping all the old brass in our house, cause Lauren said so! :)
-Lisa

Anonymous said...

How fun! I wish you all the best Eddie!

Wendy said...

I spotted the tray make over he blogged the other day about on the coffee table!! This room is fabulous!! Very glamorous! Good luck Eddie!!

Gourmet Candles Distributor said...

I love what you have done with this room. Light airy and very appealing.

Shandell's said...

I am so thrilled that I was involved with this project of Eddie's. The room is divine.

nelya said...

I haven't seen the other rooms, but I can't imagine he has any competition. This is fabulous! I love the splatter wallpaper (?) as a backdrop for the play of modern and traditional. Is is David Hicks??? I think I remember seeing something similar in SJP's Hampton's house. My favorite piece is that spectacular orange graphic art piece. Good luck Eddie!

~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

Ultra fab room! Love the hot pink throw on the white leather sofa (coming from the chick who hates pink!).

And the personal details...shoes, magazines... add so much to the feel of the window.

LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to everyone!!! Your sweet comments mean the world to jaithan and me! also thank you for taking the time to vote and to text! xo
Eddie + Jaithan

savvycityfarmer said...

are you hiring ... hehe

I'm charmed here

let's chat

Puppy day care said...

Love the colors!! I want that artwork over the couch. Thanks for letting us know about the competition, I will go vote later.

Laurie

Wendy said...

I have been following this project on twitter, and am off to vote. It's simply beautiful. I would love to sit back in that room after a long day.

pve design said...

I just want to move right into that window! I started my career in visual merchandising! What a window, I know just how much work! Off to vote.
pve

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Does anyone know if the wall's in Eddie's design is actual paint or wallpaper?

xo,
cristin

Mrs. Limestone said...

This is such a fun contest. I think the AT one is just a smidge more my style than Eddies but they are both gorgeous. I love how 'lived in' they look - even though the clutter drives me wild.

The bloomingdales room is pretty but so dull. I can't believe its gotten so many votes.

Anonymous said...

it's Hindson Splatter wallpaper

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fabulous room, and such a fun, fun contest! Eddie's attention to detail is exceptional, isn't it? Fingers crossed, going to vote right now. Thanks, Lauren, for the post. Lidy

The SilverLyne said...

Love the room--Eddie and Jaithan are amazing! The splashes of color, the hints of brass, and the sophisticated yet delightfully fun accessories(I spied that metal bamboo tray from the recent guest post on the coffee table!) Have voted twice already and hope they win!