Pure Style Home: The Open Sky Project

I wanted to let you in on a little something that's in the works right now. I've joined The Open Sky Project & will be opening up an online store featuring some of my favorite products. The Open Sky Project is a new concept & company: It's an online store that sells products through a series of "Shops" owned by "Experts." Many of the experts are bloggers in various areas of interest ranging from cooking to gardening to fishing & we've all chosen some of our favorite things to sell. (I'll be joining in as the second interior decor shop.) Its goal is to make the online shopping experience personal. You're comfortable buying because it's a recommendation from someone you trust. If I were into fishing I'd trust him:



hee hee Anyway, I'm in the midst of choosing my products & would love your input! I've got my eye on a few things but am looking for more ideas! What would you like to see? What do you think buyers would be interested in buying?



It can be anything from lighting to pillows to rugs to accessories to artwork. Right now I'm leaning towards some of my favorite things in my own home- the things people email me about asking where to find. I definitely want to include a nice slew of beautiful & budget-friendly products. Any thoughts? As soon as my shop launches, I'll let you know. Thanks so much for your help & I can't wait!!

xoxo,

lauren

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! I love your blog!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the shop! You have fantastic style, so I'm sure you will choose lovely items & accessories!

I blogged about your kitchen makeover today. I really am amazed by the transformation.

xox Erin @ This Lovely City

Norma said...

I will be checking back........
can you suggest where in Canada I can find large bound sisal or seagrass rugs?
I am on the west coast...........thanks

LindsB said...

What a great idea, I cant wait to see what you come up with. I'm no help with suggestions but I know I will love whatever you pick out. Oh, Moss balls would be great...just like your picture :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

You have such a great eye and style...just follow your instinct. Hasn't led you wrong yet!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

You have such a great eye and style...just follow your instinct. Hasn't led you wrong yet!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Yeah what she said. what she said.


Hee.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, how interesting!! Can't wait to see details...whatever you pick I'm certain will appeal to people. I think price point is key...
Janell

Fargerike Dagny said...

YAY, congrats!! I'm sure you'll find the perfect items :) Make sure you ship to Norway, though!!!

nannykim said...

Unique things with a great price. Price for me is the main concern. If I can find it for a better price that is where I will shop. But also,nothing NOTHING made in China.

nannykim at http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Lauren, how awesome! I've just signed up with Open Sky too & am so happy that you are too, I was a little nervous about doing this, so glad you are going along with me on this. I can't wait either!

Oh, and your bedroom turned out fabulous, great job, girl! It is so pretty.

Living It At Home said...

hi lauren, sounds like a fun idea. i was trying to think of things that i would like to shop for. i was thinking of....
Pretty throws
Decorative pillows
Mirrors
Unique accent pieces
Furniture

i am sure that whatever you decide on, it will be great. i love your sense of style and cannot wait! good luck
~jamilyn

nelya said...

This is incredibly exciting and such a brilliant idea. I really can't wait to see how it all comes together!!!

Vanya Wilkinson said...

what a fantastic idea, I might look at getting on board myself!

Beki said...

I love accessable ways to update rooms like pillows, vases, vessels to put things in (like your awesome wood bowl/tray) paint, stencils, your cute little moss balls, lighting etc. whatever you choose, it's going to be great! I know I'll be shopping with you this holiday!

Thomas said...

congratulations. so many good things happening to you. :) smiles.