So you know how I feel about cleaning...

...But it actually just got a little better.  

And if you don't know how I feel about cleaning:  Although I love a clean house, I STRONGLY dislike the act of cleaning itself.  A lot.  I mean, like buying the better-looking cleaning supplies they now offer and I'm okay with a little here & there, but when it comes to vacuuming and mopping & all of that... ugghhhh.  There's something about doing the same thing over and over that feels futile to me.  No thinking required in cleaning really, just doing.  The same thing you did yesterday.  (Or let's be honest... with me, a couple of weeks ago ;) ;)

A few months ago, I was contacted by someone from Black & Decker about doing a post on a product of theirs with an emphasis on showing how I "embrace the luxury in cleaning" with their product.  (With the way I feel about cleaning, I thought this was laughable...  Cleaning has never been luxurious for me and usually involves sweatpants and a ponytail.) I often say no to product pitches, but when I saw what is was, I said, "send it to me!!!"...   I was definitely seeing how this product could make cleaning more luxurious for me...



It's a dust buster.  But seriously the best dust buster ever.  It's from their Platinum Lithium Series.  

What I liked about it when I saw the photo was that it's small and light...

There were no cords to worry about...

 (Do you see where I'm going yet??)



It arrived and we charged her up.

It can be used effortlessly.  

"Hey boys! Look at this machine we got in the mail!!"

"What is it mommy?!!"

"It's your very OWN vacuum!!"

{Merry Christmas Christian!!!}


"And it's for you too Justin!!"


"But you have to promise me you boys are going to share it."


I have really embraced the luxury in cleaning with the Platinum Vacuum because I can literally be sitting as my house gets cleaned!!

The boys use it to clean up their messes almost every day (why does it seem like we could feed a small army with what falls on the floor under their chairs??) and we keep it right in the kitchen.  It's so light & powerful that they literally just have to walk around with it in the right general area and it sucks up all the crumbs.

But in all honesty, I use it a lot too.  I love it because I can just grab it from the kitchen drawer to clean a quick mess...  which usually leads to an entire floor vacuuming (It's addictive!!) but what I like about it is that when I take it out to vacuum something, I'm not committed the way I am when I take out the big vacuum.   This way, I can stop whenever I feel like it.  And I don't have to deal with the plug.  I've used other dust busters over the years and haven't really been impressed before.  But I've had it for a couple of months, it's still going strong, and I love this thing.  (And especially how it involves my kids in helping with free labor chores.;)

If you want to check it out, here's the link to it: BLACK AND DECKER PLATINUM LINK
Feel free to embrace the luxury of cleaning too ;) ;)



If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

21 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Anything to make my life easier and get the kids involved! I've been wanting something like this. I'll have to check it out.

Lauren said...

Lauren,

I love your sense of humor and I cracked up during your entire post. I have four sons, aged 10-19, so I know how handy an appliance like this could be. Smart mama to get 'em started early!!

You are my favorite designer ever. I always refer to you when making design decisions about my home. WWLD? (What would Lauren do?) My name is Lauren also, but I'm thinking about Mrs. Liess!

xo from San Diego,
Lauren

Unknown said...

Looks like a really effective machine, since so many are lame and not worth the money. I love that your boys think it's so cool and help to clean! Now that is the ticket! Your island is looking gorgeous, and your boys are sooooooo handsome.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

pve design said...

I LOVE cleaning and a clean home....can they send me one too? I must have it today!!!!
pve

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

You are hilarious!! I have a dust buster (though not nearly as fancy) and can relate to how addictive it is. Don't know what I'd do without it!

Now if I could just train my dogs....

Sylvie Fox said...

I find a dog to be nearly as effective with a three year old . . . .

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

okay, this was funny. but i'm sold! I hate my dyson vacum and this just might be the holdover answer. :)

Unknown said...

I am new to blogging, and I enjoyed reading your blog so much! It helped me get inspired to be consistent with it and you mentioned quite a few GREAT tips that I am going to apply in my future blogs. I really appreciate this information!
buying followers on instagram

Heather Peterson said...

Amazing! My 4 year old desperately wants to vacuum, but our regular vacuum is much too big for her. Why didn't I think of a dust buster? Also, both girls were playing school in the basement and they had a broom down there for classroom cleanup. Clearly I need to channel this now, while they are interested.

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Laura Lynn said...

I was thinking of getting a Dyson. Are they overrated?

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Lauren- What hard working boys! And they have one very smart mother!

Loretta

Fiona said...

Ha! You are so cute. I should get one for my daughter. Your boys are going to break some hearts with those faces!

progressoverperfectionblog.com said...

My mother-in-law started my boys using a dust buster and it was the best thing she ever did, aside from giving birth to my wonderful husband! ;) Seriously, the best grandparent Christmas present ever.

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

I do love a good dust buster. Mine has recently kicked the bucket, so I'll definitely check this one out.

ash said...

This was great!! It had me giggling the way you introduced it to your boys. We have 3 boys, so it just sounded like something we would do. Love it! : )

EDYTA & CO. INTERIOR DESIGN said...

You crack me up! Love this. Look how excited those cuties are :)

Unknown said...

i love the black doors - i think i'm going to do that in my dining room which has a wall of french doors looking out on our back lawn/pool area. did you use a satin/semi gloss type paint? any tips would be appreciated! thanks. maria bethard bethardfamily@me.com

ruzzel01 said...

Looks comfy!


carpet cleaning phoenix


Unknown said...

Those black doors are very nice. Where would we be able to find those? I've seen some that come close but but don't do justice to these doors. I'm thinking of looking for my furniture in ottawa.

Penny Murray said...

Would you mine sharing what flooring you have here? Love the look! And the vacuum looks like a must have item. :)

Penny Murray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.