Easter Pretties

We got home from a trip to Charleston Saturday night & were able to enjoy Easter at home.  Dave surprised me with these daffodils (I was disappointed because I never had the time this season to pick the ones from our yard so he came to the rescue.)


And it was such a pretty day!!! I love this weather... In the morning, I set the table with some antique blue & white china that my mom gave me years ago ( & that I'd almost forgotten I owned. )

Justin was being "helpful"----




I labeled the eggs with our names & set them in little bowls filled with reindeer moss:



The lucite & brass candlesticks with charteusy-green candles were a gift from Eddie & Jaithan the last time they visited & I love the vintage-modern feel of them:



Later in the day, my family came over & I had to take a pic of these beautiful mini strawberry flower cupcakes my mom & little sister made:


And my grandmother made these adorable bunny twist buns.  (below) Seeing them brought me back to when I was a little girl & she used to make them.  (She hasn't in years & I totally forgot all about them...  She now has to make them every year because I neeeeeeeed them ;)


We had enough family over that we put the leaf in the table & I ran out of blue & white china but there's something I love about getting a pretty table ready for a holiday.  (I guess maybe it's that I never really put any time into it & on holidays I have the time??  Or the reason for doing it??  Lately we've been so busy that mealtimes have taken sort of a backseat & I certainly haven't been making any pretty table settings.  A while back I was going to try to do at least 1 pretty planned meal a week but that sort of got forgotten.  BUT...  for the next few weeks before our Baby #3 arrives, I think I'll try to make a little bit of an effort... before the Baby Haze sets in & the thought of a pretty planned meal is laughable.)

We had an Easter Egg Hunt in the yard...


{I'll try to stop posting pics of my wisteria  arbor but I'm not promising it...  I cannot tell you enough how happy it makes me!!!!!}

And the boys (okay, me too) ate a disgusting amount of chocolate...



It was a great day. 

I'm without babysitting today so I have the boys home with me for one more day before the real work week sets in.  I've been feeling a bit anxious about the baby coming so soon and all of the work we have planned to squeeze in before that time.  With a last-minute photo shoot and a few design plans & installations for clients, I know I'll be able to power through it, but I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.  I'm feeling pretty good physically (we are just finally getting over that awful bug we all had at out house- arrgggg) but I can tell my body's about to try telling me to slow down a little.   My cankles come & go (ps- so embarrassed I misspelled cankles in a previous post.. I'll blame it on pregnancy brain ;)  and the baby's starting to make things pretty tight in there.  Bathroom breaks are a constant but if I can just keep running for a few more weeks, I should be good.  Both of my boys came early so I need to get things wrapped up as best as possible before the first week of May.  Fingers crossed for me!! 

xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

20 comments:

Debby said...

Such nice pictures. Those little guys are adorable. Good luck with the new baby's arrival.

Leslie said...

It looks divine! Best of luck with getting everything done before baby #3's arrival!

Tawna said...

Lauren,
Best of luck with the new one and all you are doing....the end was always the hardest part for me, so I am feeling your pain! We're sending our best wishes your way.....
xo,
Tawna

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Lauren,

What a lovely family holiday! And that is what it is all about. I love your Easter table, simple and stunning.

And the family Easter treats look fabulous, those little bunny twists look great.

Your wisteria looks beautiful and you can show it as often as you like, I wish that I had something similar.

Take care of yourself, I am sure that you will get everyting done that you need to before your precious little one arrives.

Elizabeth

Kathysue said...

Lauren your two boys are really growing up! They are both such handsome little guys. Take care of yourself little Mommy, you know how much work is ahead of you. I am so excited to see your new little one!! It looks as if you had a lovely Easter with family. WE had a great day yesterday too. I put names on eggs also and cradled them in the teaspoons at each place setting. White tulips and soft blue was our theme.
Take care sweet Lauren,
Kathysue

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Such a pretty table! Love the wisteria, I'm jealous and inspired so don't stop sharing pictures of it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful setting, and OMG that wisteria is so covetable! If I wasn't allergic to bees, I would most definitely have one in my yard.. it is outstanding.
Love your blue and white china, too! Best wishes in the next few weeks. Take care of yourself, and if you need any extra help, call on me or Bethany- we can lend a hand! we're only 30 mins away ( i think)
XO Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

BaileyWife said...

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR ARBOR! Never can post enough about that!
Take care of yourself in the coming weeks, and learn to DELEGATE! :)

crisangsteninteriors.com said...

The boys are growing into handsome young men awfully fast! Like the idea of names on eggs in moss... I might steal that one of these years!

Jamie-Lynn said...

Looks like you had a beautiful Easter, I'm a little jealous of the warm weather you're having!

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

Good luck in these last weeks before the 3rd dose of total joy comes! Your table looked great, I always love classic blue and white.

Anonymous said...

What great family traditions! What a blessing to have the opportunity to make special memories for your growing family!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really special weekend- thanks for sharing. Hang in there with work and pregnancy and everything else. You can do it!

Jenna

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

You'll get it all done...just LISTEN to your body, girl...and up your protein.

Lovely images! Happy Spring!

Lisa Mende said...

Loved this post. Full of lots of love! Good luck with the baby!

Lisa Mende said...

Loved this post. Full of lots of love! Good luck with the baby!

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! you are so talented!!!! would love for you to enter my giveaway!

xo
kat

www.withlovefromkat.com

Carla @ Inside Home Living said...

I absolutely love your palette and every time I use green foliage and home wares I think of you! I love your little dishes with the moss and eggs as placetags, speaking of moss you will love my moss bunny rabbits and moss pad I blogged today!

Heather said...

I love the egg in the moss on the table! Great idea :)

Melissa @ Lived In said...

I LOVE your grandmother's bunny twist buns, and your Mom and sisters cupcakes. Your family is the cutest!