Congrats to a friend!!

Happy Friday- HURRRRRAYYY!!!!!

My good friend, Elise Seidita, recently opened her new design center- The Design Center of Northern Virginia!  I'm so happy for Elise & she's created a super-functional to-the-trade showroom for designers where we can view fabrics, wallcoverings, furnishings, lighting and even one-of-a-kind accessories & artwork.  To kick off the new year, Elise is having a sample sale - on everything- on the showroom floor.



The showroom is located in Herndon, Virginia, and the sale will be open for one week for designers only (Jan 16th-27th) and the second week to the general public (Jan 30th-Feb 3rd) and they will be offering trade only items at 10% less than designer's net price. (!!!) 


{I COVET that old factory table you see in the background...  would be such a beautiful island!!  ahhh no one buy that please ;) ;)

Elise has stocked the showroom with lots of cool one-of-a-kinds and some great upholstered pieces like sofas & chairs. 
{How fun are the lanterns?!}

(On the showroom floor, they have sofas/chairs/case goods by Vanguard, Hickory Chair, Nichols and Stone, John Richards, lighting by Ralph Lauren/Visual Comfort and Currey & Co, plus one off pieces and accessories.  The Madhatter chairs I used in the DC Design House last Spring are also there and they are an insane deal right now!) 

Elise has been so supportive of me from the day we met (2 years ago) and has really encouraged me to follow my dreams & to dream even bigger ones.  She is a really special person who is extremely driven & determined, and sees no limit for potential & I really admire her.  So many things could have stopped her from opening the showroom but she never gave up & kept on trusting that she could make it happen.  She has worked tirelessly  to get the showroom up and running and her business has grown so much - even in this tough economy-  and I'm so excited for her.  So, if you're looking for the perfect piece to fit somewhere at home or for an amazing deal, please be sure to stop by the sale!! 

DESIGN CENTER OF NOVA SAMPLE SALE
Designers' Week-Jan 16th-27th
General Public Week- Jan 30th-Feb 3rd
(9:30 AM- 5:00 PM every day)

xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

20 comments:

Brhea said...

ooo this looks lovely- and I think a doable drive from NC :) Thanks for sharing!

Laurel-Dawn McBurney said...

Goodness! That a lot of eye candy for one place! It looks lovely, thanks for sharing!

abodelove.com

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Looks like an amazing showroom! If I am ever in the area I will definitely stop by and take look.

www.idesignlove.com

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Looks like an amazing showroom! If I am ever in the area I will definitely stop by and take look.

www.idesignlove.com

Jenny Castle Design said...

How exciting, can't wait to check it out!!

Jodie Okun Interiors said...

yay! i cant wait to go and see...it looks wonderful! thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

Cool! I only live a few miles away. I'm not a designer, but might have to stop by during those general public days.

Maria Matiopoulou said...

It looks great! Good luck to your friend Lauren!

Maria

http://www.unidentifiedlifestyle.com

Jill said...

The place looks fantastic. Great concept! We could use one in the Baltimore metro area. If I am going as far as Herndon I may as well go to the WDC (although that place intimidates me just a bit)

Anne Read (Collect 5) said...

This is so exciting! Congrats to your friend!

www.collect5.blogspot.com

Karena said...

Lauren what a fabulous showroom with just amazing pieces!! Congrats to Elise!

Xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

Wishing I lived in the area... looks like fun! - Rachel

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

ohhhh - can i go? can i go? can i go?! YAY, thanks for sharing


Bethany
http://powellbrower.blogspot.com/2012/01/jetsetting-in-style.html

Anonymous said...

wow, looks beautiful!

Jenna

Windlost said...

are you kidding me? we just don't have things like that here. i think the closest design center to me is LA.

sad. happy for you though. ;D

xo's cousin terri

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

That is nice! and i like your blog!

Anonymous said...

Get Paid Taking Surveys at Home!

Did You Know Over 10,000 Companies Pay People Everyday for their Opinions?

-Paid Online Surveys - hundreds of surveys available
(Up to $5-$50 for taking surveys from your computer!)

-Full Time Paid Survey Jobs
(some paid survey takers even get hired full time!)

-Product Testing
(they mail you a product, review it, and you keep it!)

-Online Focus Groups
(participate in a one hour "chat" and give your opinion)

... and Much Much More!

Earn Between $2000 to $4000 Dollars a Month

http://debef706w7opocjpu8sb9tenbn.hop.clickbank.net/

Andrea said...

Yes! Dream BIG or go home ;) On a serious note, your friend has accomplished a huge feat, as have you. I'm so happy for both of you.

Continued success, onward and upward always!

The SilverLyne said...

Thanks for the information, I am going to visit soon, and such a treat for the public to go thru:)

Holly Gruszka said...

How great and the showroom looks beautiful! If I'm ever down that way I will have to check it out. And it seems like the two of you are big supporters of each other which is really wonderful. Have a great weekend!