Client's Bungalow Living Room Plan

I stopped over to check in on a client's in-progress project yesterday & just had to share with you.  My client is young & creative and when we first met had literally just moved into her adorable bungalow:


The bungalow had been lovingly restored to certain point, but we're tailoring it to perfectly fit her lifestyle.  She had everything out & ready to show me & we assessed what she'd keep and what we'd replace.  

{The house is really beautiful.  Love the doors!!}

She was ready to upgrade her Pottery Barn-type pieces for a more sophisticated yet still casual look.



My client entertains often & knows how to throw a good party.  I noticed that she was really drawn to blues & aquas and a classic-vintage look in her inspiration photos.  The rooms she loved all had a touch of old-fashioned charm yet still felt fresh & updated.  The living room isn't large but is just what she needed to for a cozy 4-chair furniture arrangement by the fireplace.


The spaces my client loves also feel open & airy yet still have a warm to them.  Many of her inspiration photos had shutters instead of curtains.  We decided to keep her existing shutters and warm up the cool-feeling space with grasscloth on the walls.  I stopped in yesterday & got a peek:

{Grasscloth by Thibaut}

Our installer, Michael DiGuiseppe, who also did the DC Showhouse room, is soooo good & incredibly fast.  By the time I was finished with our two hour meeting, he'd almost finished the living room. 

{Thanks Michael!}

Last night, my client snapped a shot of some of the furnishings in place & emailed it over:

{Completely unstyled, but you get the idea}

I'm loving the blue against the grasscloth and can't wait until everything else arrives!!  We're waiting on the upholstery and are working on a gallery wall full of personal paintings & prints. 

Will keep you posted!!

xoxo, Lauren

If you'd like help creating a home you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.

30 comments:

Unknown said...

I also love the blue against the grasscloth! You are so talented, Lauren. xoxo

Unknown said...

Really Beautiful. I'm loving the smooth cool blue against the textured grass cloth.

Melissa said...

That last picture is KILLING me. I am in lust with the lamps-- great design!

Whitney said...

That grasscloth is wonderful! Looking forward to the final pics, LL!

Beth said...

If I could hire you myself, I would ask for this exact room. Thank you for sharing and please continue with updates! I love the combination of smooth colored glass and nubby natural walls/rugs.

Red Door Home said...

Great job as always! I absolutely adore the chandelier and can't wait to see the entire space when it is complete.

DecaturMama said...

Lauren,
Can't wait to see the rest of the room! Could you please explain why the last picture is "completely unstyled" and how it should look different? I guess that's what sets a designer apart from the rest of us--I would think that was styled! I really want to hear how it should look! Thanks!

Mary said...

Her room is going to have the same feel that I'm trying to achieve in my living room. I can't wait to see the final product.

pve design said...

If I were invited to a party there, I would bring a lovely little painting and something blue! Love that last shot...it is delightful!
pve

Annie said...

As always, it's fascinating to watch your projects in-progress with your and your clients' thought-process and inspirations laid out. I know I'm going to wish I could come hang out and relax in this room when it's completed! :)

Barb@curlywillowdiy said...

I can see already that it's going to be fantastic. Can't wait to see it finished!

Barnwood Urbanist said...

The more I see grasscloth, the more I love it. The texture is just fantastic and I bet it would do wonders to hide all manner of sloppy walls.

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

Ooh, I just love that mix of turquoise against the grasscloth!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about your design. Where can I get that chandelier?!!
I really loved your DC design house room also... ;oD

kayce hughes said...

The lamps are so beautiful!

said...

so many great ideas for my new home!!!
http://christinaprindle.blogspot.com/

Moddy Bee said...

ohh this is going to be fun to watch! i hope to see the end result! thanks for sharing!!!
www.moddybee.blogspot.com
check us out!!

Shelly said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! Love the colors you choose for the room though. Pretty pretty!

Pablo said...

I'm looking forward to seen the whole room finished! =D

Kasey McKay said...

it is looking great! can you tell me where the aqua chandelier is from? i would love something like that for my dining room. thanks!

Jean said...

So, I love the table and lamps, but not loving the cords. What do you suggest. Especially behind a TV, Tivo, DVR, etc. etc. Thanks so much. Again...can't wait to see your fabrics on line!

Jean

Lauren said...

The aqua chandelier is by Canopy Designs and the lamps are by Arteriors!

xoxo,
lauren

Unknown said...

Great job! Love that wallcovering and the blue lamps.

LuLu said...

oh gosh you've got me wanting to redo my room! love the grass cloth! it's stunning!
xo,
LuLu

Kathysue said...

Lauren I love what you have done here so far. The turqouise is a nice pop of color against the neutrals. If you have a chance I would love for you to come by and take a peek at my new striped rug, it is GREEN our fav color!! Kathysue

http://goodlifeofdesign.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-summer-family-room-reveal.html

Abby M. Interiors said...

fantastic! I can never get enough grasscloth. Looking forward to the end results!
abby

Brittany @ Each Day Gets Better. said...

i love the grasscloth. textured right? i would love that in my house. and i adore those blue lamps, would go perfectly in my bedroom.

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Lauren- How nice to see Michael look so happy as he works! The grasscloth looks great.

Please share the rest with us when the room is done!

Loretta

Kare said...

Love the grasscloth! I have it in my office. Where are the chairs from?
Kare

Vanessa said...

♥♥♥ the grasscloth walls with the aqua lamps. Elegant and modern.