Check out the Skirted Roundtable



I was so excited to be interviewed on the Skirted Roundtable by Megan Arquette, Linda Merrill and Joni Webb last week.  (Pictured in that order, above)  I'm sure most of you know, but for those of you who don't know  (my family if you're reading ;) -  the Skirted Roundtable is a weekly online interior design radio show hosted by Linda, Megan and Joni- megabloggers & interior designers.  They discuss everything from running a design business, to seasonal decorating, to magazine stories and bloggers along with interviewing an amazing stream of people in the interior design industry.  (To say that I am the least exciting/ known person they've ever interviewed is not at all an understatement, which is why I was really shocked/ thrilled when they asked me.)  

I've been addicted since the very beginning and it's really the only radio show I know of that broaches interior design and interviews interior designers regularly.  Like many of you, I find myself nodding along, laughing outloud and just being generally enthralled by the weekly shows.  I've left embarrassingly long comments on there because I just get so into certain topics discussed.  Anyway, you can imagine how thrilled I was when they asked me to be on the show... Excited and then seriously nervous because I've never been interviewed on a radio show before and typically hate to hear my voice even in an answering machine message.

But, in true Skirted Roundtable-style, I felt instantly at ease and comfortable with these ladies I've always admired- Linda, Megan and Joni.  Thanks so much to them for thinking of me & for taking the time to put the show together. 

If you have some time, I'd really love it if you could listen to the show.  I know many of you read at work (shhhh ;) so it might not be possible at your regular blogging time, but if you do get the chance, I'd love for you to check it out and to hear what you think of it.  You can go listen here: SKIRTED ROUNDTABLE INTERVIEW.  Thank you so much!!


xoxo, Lauren

23 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Well, that's exciting! I love the discussions on the Skirted Roundtable and can't wait to hear yours. :)

Linda Merrill said...

Lauren - you were a fabulous guest and we were thrilled to have you!

LindsB said...

I love the skirted roundtable, I cant wait to hear your interview today, yeah!!!

Mary Catherine said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

a lovely being said...

I just listened to your interview-- your so inspiring! I hope to follow in your footsteps someday :)
xx fallon

Kathysue said...

Lauren I have my little guys hear but when they take a break from play and acitivity I will go and listen, How exciting it will be fun to hear your voice and put it with your sweet face. I am really excited to hear what you have to say, Kathysue

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Congrats! I love the skirted roundtable and will have to tune in to hear your interview.

xo,
cristin

Casa Jacaranda said...

Lauren - well deserved accolades for being on the SRT! Your blog is such a delight. Cannot count the times you've "made my day" by making me smile! Belated b-day hugs to Christian. Oh how I remember a few "choked on my bed" moments when mine were tots. You're the best!

Emily A. Clark said...

Ooooh, exciting! I'll bookmarking this and will listen later tonight when everyone here is in the bed :)

A Perfect Gray said...

wonderful job, babe. So much fun to actually hear your voice. you were so put-together and informative. enjoyed it so much...

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I listened this afternoon over lunch. It was a great interview!

Brillante Interiors said...

Congratulations...they interview only the best! I will listen tomorrow for sure and I am really looking forward to.

Maria Killam said...

I can't wait to listen to it! It's about time you were on this show, they've been raving about you for a while :)
x
Maria

Three Men and a Little Crazy said...

Awesome! Can't wait to get the kids down for a nap so I can check it out!

The SRT ladies were lucky to have you!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

Your interview was great! It was so much fun to hear your actual voice that I've been reading for awhile. I love your blog and just discovered the Skirted Roundtable a few weeks ago. It was great to have you together. Also, thanks so much for talking about Synesthesia. I have it too and didn't even know that it was a thing!

AnneHH said...

Congratulations on being on The Skirted Roundtable!! I have never missed one of their shows/episodes (?) and this one was definitely a favorite. It was great to hear you talk more about the journey that has taken you to this point. I am just in awe of your ability to do so many different things so well and I feel so blessed to be able to work with you on my house!
xoxo, Anne

Tammy@InStitches said...

I brought my laptop up to my workroom and listened yesterday. I really enjoyed it, you did great !

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Love your blog! I landed here trough another blog, and boy I am happy that I did. I will by back!
Congrats on your interview!
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

Delightful Dahlia said...

I got to discover different areas of your blog as a bonus while I listened along. It is beautifully done!

Velvet and Linen said...

Yay! I just downloaded it onto my phone so I can listen to it on my walk tomorrow morning.
Congratulations!

xo
Brooke

DecRenew Interiors said...

Just listened and you are a joy. So much fun to hear your voice and get to know your background. I'm a fan!

Ruthie

Karla said...

Lauren, I listened to your interview and enjoyed every minute of it! Fav part of my day, you were so much fun to listen to, totally inspiring, real, & sweet....they need to have you back for round 2! :)

Karla

Jacci said...

Wow! I've been out of the blogging loop for a couple of weeks now and I had no idea about this!!! How exciting! Exciting for you, of course, but exciting for me, too - I can't wait to listen in! Yay :)

~Jacci