"What We've Learned" at Velvet and Linen


It's Monday already and time seems to just be flying by!! We had a perfect chill weekend - just what we needed and now I cannot wait until school's out for the summer!!  (My husband, Dave, teaches...  and it's quite possible that teachers love summer vacation even more than the students.) 


{Brooke & Steve Giannetti's dreamy treehouse-like bedroom}

Today I'm guest blogging over at one of my favorite places, Velvet and Linen, for Brooke's new series "What We've Learned." 


{Brooke Giannetti}

I'm a huge fan of Brooke's.  I love her style and a project of hers never fails to drop my jaw.   She and her husband- renowned architect Steve Giannetti- have been featured in numerous publications/ magazines and are amazing.  They are such an incredible team and seriously every project they do is perefection.  Check out one of the latest-  the family's kitchen garden:


Is that not awesome???!!   ahhhhhh love it! Anyway, head on over to Velvet & Linen to read my post on "what we've learned."

Hope your weekend was fun and I'll be posting the finished shed/ playhouse pics this week!
xoxo,
lauren

14 comments:

Living It At Home said...

Oh my! I love that kitchen garden! You can do that when you live in sunny California. When we lived in Piedmont, CA, we had rosemary, thyme, lavender, two apple trees and the best was the Myer lemon tree. It was right outside our door. I would just step out and pluck one right off the tree. It was heavenly and I miss it!

I am going over to check out your guest post!

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a wonderful thing to have your husband off for the summer! Heading over to read your guest post...Janell

Velvet and Linen said...

Thank you so much Lauren for taking the time to do this post. I love everything you do, and I'm thrilled to have a little "Pure Style" added to Velvet and Linen!!!
xo xo
Brooke

Unknown said...

I love Brooke and Steve's work. I used to teach, so I know how ready your hubby is to be out for a respite, although most teachers I know work at least some of their summer getting ready for the new year. I know you will be happy to have a more flexible schedule for a while. Heading over to check out the post.
Have a good day!
www.divinedistractions.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Came over from Brooke's site and just love your blog, I used some of your pictures on my blog because I covet your TV stand....thank you

vosgesparis said...

I had a little tour around some blogs myself this last weeks and it is great fun ;) I will go and read your story at Brooke's blog ;)
Please come along this coming week for a great give away

Hello Lover... said...

Headed over now!

Elisa @ What the Vita said...

As a teacher, I am so with your hubby and SO happy that school is out - last day of work was today. Whoohoo!

Willow Decor said...

I love V&L and never miss a post!! You are right on with everything you mentioned!! Cant wait to see the shed playhouse!
xx-Gina

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

I am loving her garden too!

xo,
cristin

Kathysue said...

Love Brooke and her blog. Also love you and your blog and to have you both on one post is great!! I am going right over to see what you wrote,Hugs Kathysue

Marija said...

Great post at V&L. And I love their garden, too. Why is it that everything looks so much better in California than Chicago? Or maybe I just need Steve and Brooke to help me in Chicago!!

pve design said...

I will share my raised stone herb garden, but I do love a good raised bed. Those are lovely!
pve

A bit about Kelli said...

love that bedroom.