In New York...

It was our first time out together (alone) since having baby Justin!  We hopped into the car...


... and headed into the city to see Eddie's window it in person (even better!):


Then we headed over to Buck House for a champagne toast ...



...to meet one of Eddie's best friends, Deborah Buck, below:  (images are Deborah's via The Peak of Chic.)


Deborah could not have been more fun.  She's got an amazing eye & is such a strong, determined woman.    And then we meet these 2 beautiful & sweet longtime friends of Eddie's, Debora & Ronny (below).  They both had this genuine way of making you feel incredibly special just by talking to you:


Above, you can see Eddie & Jaithan's good friend Austin in the background talking to Jaithan, and then Patricia AKA Mrs.Blandings showed up and I did not get a pic of her either of until later!  (I also missed Kay, who works with Deborah at Buck House---  I was so bad with taking pics!!)  Next we headed over to the cocktail party at Bloomingdales to celebrate Eddie's WIN!!.  (Below, me, Eddie & Dave!)  The dj played fun music and I was having trouble not dancing since it's been almost a year since I last went out & danced!


...Finally we headed out to an amazing Italian Restaurant with Margaret Russell & Matthew Talomie of Elle Decor Magazine.   Matthew is awesome & just so full of ideas.  He's incredibly creative & I can't wait to see all he comes up with.  Below is a pic of Matthew & Jaithan who we all know: 


And below, here I am with Deborah & Margaret, who was as poised & gorgeous as she always looks, and also very warm & open.  She's got a lot cooking in the next coming months with Elle Decor.  It was so much fun to see her & Eddie together after Top Design.  To say I admire her is an understatement.  I was actually really nervous to even meet her but she was so down-to-earth and nice that it went away quickly.  She was really interested in what everyone had to say and is very charistmatic.  (Like Eddie, but in a more subdued way.)   We all had some really interesting conversations but one that I wanted to pass on was about blogland rumors/ questions, etc.  As we all know, there are always crazy rumors going around in blogland about how much photo shoots cost, how advertising may or may not affect magazine content, etc. and Margaret would surely be happier to set the record straight than have us bloggers idly speculate.  If anyone ever has any questions about anything going on at Elle Decor or want information or photos for a post, I think she'd gladly answer them in an email.  As she also mentioned on The Skirted Round Table, when we use magazine photos for our posts, we should look for the watermarked images and make sure to credit the magazine and photographer. 

 

Here's the whole group below, & there's the famous Mrs.Blandings right next to Eddie up front:


And we closed up the restaurant and stayed way too long without realizing it...  I tried to convince Deborah & Patricia & Margaret to head out with us afterwards but it was LATE and I'm sure my plea of  "Let's go dance!" was not exactly enticing. 



I had so much fun & it was totally worth the drive!  Thanks so much to everyone for the experience & congratulations Eddie on winning the Big Window Challenge for Elle Decor!!

xoxo,
lauren

43 comments:

Tina said...

Wow Lauren!! What a fantastic and exciting experience:) So happy for Eddie and Elle Decor and so generous of you to share your wonderful time in NY! Thank you for letting us all have a glimpse into this fantastic night! - Tina xx

Kelly Green said...

Looks as though you had a wonderful night! I would be very nervous meeting Margaret Russell too - so pleased she was delightful. What a memorabe occasion for you all and congrats. again to Eddie and Jaithan! KG

pve design said...

I know baby Justin will be loved all the more when you return to your pure style home! I am so glad you have your priorities figured out to take time for you!
Wishing I could have made it to meet you!
pve

Melissa said...

What a precious story-- did you ever dream when you started your blog that you'd be doing THIS?!!!

MFAMB said...

how fun...keep up the good networking and you'll be in elle decor in no time.
xxoo
j

Hamptontoes said...

Lauren,
Lovely photos of a lovely gal having a lovely time! Congrats on the experience!

Hill Country House Girl said...

Looks like so much fun on so many different levels! I love all the friendships developed through blogging - thanks for sharing such a great experience with us!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

First let me say, I am so glad you had such an amazing and wonderful time and that you took time out to enjoy it. Secondly, thanks so much for bringing us along for the ride....I love the pic you took in the car...too cute! And last, if you need me to run after a little man or hold a sweet baby during the shoot...you have my number!!! Anything, to help make this much deserved recognition perfect.
xoxo,
~Rebecca

My Galveston Cottage said...

Lucky girl! What a fun time. That's what I like about you: You just do it! -s

style chronicle said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time! Good for you for getting some time away for you and your husband. It is the key for thriving in motherhood!

paula said...

what fun! so happy you had a blast.

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Now this is an experience to remember! And, by the way, you look beautiful in the photos! Janell

Design A-Peele said...

what a fun day! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I am sure this was an incredible experience. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. You look great, btw.

Suzanne said...

Lucky girl! This looks so fun!

Also -- Lauren, where is your coat from (in the last pic) - it's so cute!

Living It At Home said...

I really enjoyed seeing your trip to NY. You look fantastic! You look like you are having a great time too! How wonderful it must have been to "hang" with that talented group!

~jamilyn

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! So many exciting things. You deserve it! Congratulations!!!!!!
Amy Meier

Tammy@InStitches said...

Awwwe Lauren, that looks like so much fun. I would have gone dancing with you ! Thanks for sharing.

La Dolfina said...

What a magical evening you had!!
So happy for E + J!!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
~Terri

Thomas said...

What an awesome treat for you!!! at the perfect time.

And you've got such a supportive husband.

Kathysue said...

Lauren first I must tell you how darling you are, You are so pretty. You look so fresh and lovely and not as tired as I think I looked just after having a baby. Now about your trip. Oh My !! It looks like the best ever. Of course you were with two of my favorite people Eddie and Jaithan. They are the most endearing guys ever. So glad you shared this with us, I am living vicariously through you, Kathysue

Windlost said...

I am not sure where you are hiding 30lbs. You look gorgeous - love the top!!

Looks like it was an amazing experience and I am delighted to hear everyone was so nice and welcoming and kind to you and Dave! Eddie and Jaithan are a lovely couple and it is great to see they are surrounded by such supportive and positive friends!

So nice to get a night out to yourselves also!

Glad you had fun and that is so funny that you wanted to go dancing! Get the girl out of the house and you can't keep her still for long!

P.S. I still can't believe you met Margaret Russell. I would be speechless and/or tongue-tied the whole time. WOW!!!

xo Terri

Things That Inspire said...

What an exciting trip! I wonder if non-bloggers ever think that we bloggers are like tourists with the number of photos that we take. Photos are so important to the blog message, though!

Casa Jacaranda said...

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful photos and the story of your adventure ... inspiring fun! xoxoxo

simply seleta said...

Aren't trips away from mommyhood a nice little change?!? Especially ones with the company you had, wow!

Totally ♡ your stylistic adventure.

Jennifer said...

It looks and sounds like a fabulous evening! I am sure it was one to remember.

Jennifer

Pink Wallpaper said...

sounds like a blast...and lucky you-getting to meet margaret from elle decor!

Michelle said...

Wow...you don't look like you have just had a baby!!

Best,
Michelle

Maria Killam said...

That was so much fun to see the photos of the dinner with everyone! Congrats to Eddie for winning!
Sounds like an awesome night!
x
Maria

The SilverLyne said...

Congratulations, Everyone looks so happy and thrilled... The window was such genius --the honor is so well earned---can't see the extra 30lbs so that means you wear it well--keep us posted on the photo shoot!

Unknown said...

Lauren, I am dying!!! What a fabulous time you must have had. You look absolutely gorgeous, my dear. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like such a fun night! And look how cute the two of you are! Thanks for taking us along. I had an equally glamorous weekend - I spent it at Home Depot. :D

cotedetexas said...

you look so beautiful! it looks like soooo much fun.

to say I am jealous is an understatement!!!!

can't wait to hear all the details. :)

Joni

Stephanie Sabbe said...

So so so fun!

tarheel said...

too much fun- thanks for giving us a glimpse of it! And where exactly are your 30 extra pounds?! You look like a million bucks.

Anonymous said...

Lauren!

We loved having you and Dave that night! From our first flea market shopping trip all the way to this...can you believe it?

xoxo
Eddie + Jaithan

Anonymous said...

so much fun!!!

debra @ 5th and state said...

eddie + jaithan are the best! looks as though you had a great time. i would be nervous too meeting margaret russell...and you sat NEXT TO HER! wow. thx. for sharing
debra
5th and state

Renée Finberg said...

you look amazing.
it looks as though this little adventure was a blast!

xx

cardinalkay said...

I am pea green with envy over the following: 1. NYC visit, 2. Brush with Eddie and Margaret, and 3. A husband who enjoys visits and brushes! Kudos!

Rie said...

I love your blog! Congrats on Better Homes and Gardens. That is a dream for me as well! I'd love for you to check out my kitchen reveal. It's modern country with a touch of swedish. http://www.homeandharmony.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

How exciting!!! You've had a really great month so far!!
Sounds like you had a great time - I'm so jealous! It would have been so interesting to pick Margaret Russell's brain!

Deborah Grace Kelly said...

Lauren, It was such a surprise to see Ronny and I in your photos on your blog. Thank you for including us. What a delight it was to meet both you and Dave. It's obvious that your future will be filled with love and happiness. I have been enjoying your beautiful blog. How very talented you are. I hope we meet again sometime. Love, Deborah