Spring Table Setting

A few months ago, I was at the Old Lucketts Store in Leeseburg doing some shopping for a friend when I came accross this (beautiful!!!) set of china for only $64!!!! We had gone all the way out there & hit traffic and the store was closing & they were nice enough to let us in for the last few minutes while they closed up. It was fate. ;) ;) hahaha


There were 6 place settings along with servingware & a pretty little creamer.

I LOVE transferware & was not in the market for new china (my own is in storage!!) but I couldn't pass it up because this is my color (greeny-aqua-gray) and the price was too good to be true. The are by J &G Meakin and are a series of "Romantic England" and feature different castles & estates in England. I went to replacements.com and found that it would have cost me $260 for the set! (Here they are: http://www.thefind.com/kitchen/info-england-dinner-plate)


And, do you remember that I was attempting to use all of my leftover fabric? Well, this aqua linen tablecloth is leftover & was such an easy no-sew project. I just cut it to the right size, frayed the edges & washed it:



And please excuse all my wrinkles. They're usually always there because I can't stand ironing. It takes a very special occasion for me to break out the iron (actually mine's in storage!!) & I knew you'd all understand. (hahaha in my mind I've sort of started to like wrinkles, but I think it's just me convincing myself it's okay not to iron!) Below is a pitcher of mine that I found at a thrift store & just move around all the time:


So anyway, I decided because it's time for Spring, to do a Spring lunch tablesetting and play with all of my pretties:

I like things to feel informal & fun & also to be a happy & realxed hostess, I often make things easier on myself by coralling silverware in little pitchers for a casual lunch:
Below is a pretty little dessert stand that I piled up napkin rings on. It really serves no purpose other than being decorative but you know how I love quirky arrangements & I do love the juxtaposition of the silver & white porcelain, which is what the whole tablesetting is about:
Below is one of my favorite items. It's a pitcher I got from Target. It's just so practical & I love its lines. (I've seen antiques for much more than I paid!)
My husband surprised me with the hydrangeas & I just love them :)
So there you have it. Now, what's for lunch? carry-out?? haha is that ok?? ;) ;)


have a beautiful weekend!!! (and come on Spring!!!)

xoxo,

lauren

ps- check out Seleta's great giveaway this week!!! :)

22 comments:

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Just beautiful! I love the plates you got. What an amazing steal. You of course had to pick them up. Plus what a great hubby for picking up some flowers for you. They look great and are one of my favorites as well.

Anonymous said...

omg its soo beautiful!

christy said...

Beautiful! What great finds too!

Beth said...

Love thoes dishes...and that husband!

pve design said...

You will love those forever!
They would look pretty with a brown tablecloth or even a colored cloth, a bright orange, yellow or spring green.
pve

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Just beautiful , 5*!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Hey, that china would be PERFECT in our house! Love the table setting, and LOVE to see that I'm not the only one who hates ironing!

ImagineCozy said...

What beautiful photos, I so enjoyed looking at them. I really enjoyed your blog!

DesignTies said...

Fantastic find, Lauren... and I can see that it's just your style! :-)
Victoria from EdinDesign @ DesignTies

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love it. And I am all about wrinkles! I do NOT like to iron... Have a great weekend!

MFAMB said...

well done! the scott antique market is this weekend and i want to go so bad!! i need some flea market love.

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

what a beautiful table setting, the china pattern are just gorgeous! :)

Maria Killam said...

The white hydrangeas are always such a great look!! And your china is beautiful!

cotedetexas said...

beautamous! this is really weird - I collect transferware too and once I found this set of brown and white transfer that she was just giving away and of course I started hyperventilating. One plate usually costs me more than the whole set! yours are gorgeous = I love that series. Enjoy them in good health!
Joni

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and inspiring.

{oc cottage} said...

Perfection!

m ^..^

LindsB said...

So beautiful! I love that set and I love how you set the table, very very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Can you say "score?" What a find! Your table looks just lovely. I love hydrangeas too.

Velvet and Linen said...

Love the transferware, and love that Target pitcher. I think I need to make a Target run.
The hydrangeas are beautiful. What a thoughtful hubby.

xo
Brooke

Millie said...

This the sort of china that family memories will well & truly we made of Lauren! As much as I love my plain white china, I'm feeling a little guilty right now that's all my sons will remember - I need to remedy that very soon.
Millie ^_^

Amber B. said...

Gorgeous! Love those dishes! Enjoy your springtime lunches!!

DesignTies said...

Very pretty table setting :-) I really like the pitcher with the hydrangeas... my favourite flower :-)

I totally hear ya on the ironing thing!! :-)

Kelly @ DesignTies