A Black & White Table Design for Fun

Here's a quick dining room design I did. I saw these gorgeous plates from House Beautiful's 101 plates & just had to do a room around them. Start with Knoll's Saarinen Dining table in black granite. (Yes, we're pretending we don't have a budget!) Its contemporary silhouette will look awesome with this white glass vintage style chandelier from Heal's above it.



Have some fun with the chairs & go with a clean-lined wingback chair in an oversized damask. The chairs will warm up the look & add some needed pattern into the mix. They'll also create a cozy feeling that'll have everyone lingering way past dinnertime.
Choose between this plate or the one above: (Both from House Beautiful's 101 Plates) This one's neoclassical print is such a fun take on a classic element.

Stagger these white glass candlesticks & black flower candleholders from Z Gallerie. They'll look randomly elegant. You could even add a simple white linen runner accross the table so the black flowers will stand out more.



This table setting ends up looking fresh & modern but has some more transitional roots- i.e plates, damask, chandelier. It just feels fun to me. Add some good eats & you're ready to go! enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lauren,

I'm sure I told you about the black table cloth that I had about 45 years ago. I used my white dishes but my flowers arrangement was red roses. When ever anyone spilled the salt it showed up on the table cloth. I also used white napkins and it really was striking and I still remember it. Another time in California I made runners out of mattress ticking (grey and white). I had the runners going across the table so it was like a placemat for each place. Used the white dishes and at each place I floated a white camellia in champagne glass. Do not remember what we had to eat as I had much more fun setting the table.